Back from Ireland!

My husband and I just got back from our trip to Ireland!!!

I finally made it!

I came home to over 300 blog posts to catch up on!!  So this will just be a quick photo-dump post to share some of my favorite pics from the trip.  Everywhere we went I just kept saying, “Oh my gosh! That’s so beautiful!  Wow!  That’s SOOO beautiful!  Holy crap!!  Look!!”  I knew Ireland would be beautiful and perfect and amazing but I didn’t expect just how much I would fall in love with it.

Cliffs of Moher

Cliffs of Moher

Adare Manor

Ireland May 2013 130

Ireland May 2013 142 Ireland May 2013 165 Ireland May 2013 169 Ireland May 2013 193Can you spot the dolphin?  His name is Fungie and he’s famous in Dingle.  He greets all incoming ships!  He was adorable!!

Ireland May 2013 280 Ireland May 2013 288 Ireland May 2013 291 Ireland May 2013 296 Ireland May 2013 324 Ireland May 2013 341

This was a much-needed vacation but I’m glad to be back home and am ready to catch up on my sewing.  I’m ashamed to say I didn’t get ANY beading done on the plane ride…shameful I know.  Something about an 11 hour plane-ride just makes you want to sleep and watch silly TV shows right?  Anyway, I’m glad to be back on the radar and I’ll be commenting away on everyone’s posts…you’ve been warned!

Tagged: , ,

12 thoughts on “Back from Ireland!

1. Gjeometry May 11, 2013 at 7:56 pm Reply

OH!! and WOW!! It’s almost like magic. Ireland is so on my list of places to travel. Looks like you had a great time!! Good luck catching up on your blog reading!! Lol. I am in there, I thanked you for your thoughtful award nomination and included your blog link in my thank you blogpost. There, now you don’t even have to read it. :)

• Thimble & Cork May 12, 2013 at 11:10 am Reply

It most definitely was magical – that’s such a great word to describe Ireland! Thank you for mentioning me in your post! I’m still going to read it though na-na-na-na :)

2. Brooke May 11, 2013 at 9:03 pm Reply

Such a beautiful place! Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos! I bet you had so much fun listening to everyone talk in their pretty accent. When my sister & I went to England, we had a long conversation with a silver-haired Irishman at a London McDonald’s and I could have sat and just listened to him talk all day!

• Thimble & Cork May 12, 2013 at 11:12 am Reply

Oh my gosh, definitely. Their accents are amazing! By the end of the trip I was pronouncing some words with an Irish accent too lol.

3. sarah121haras May 11, 2013 at 9:43 pm Reply

Oh wow! Ireland has always been one of the top places I want to travel to since I am of Irish descent. Maybe one day. It looks like you had a wonderful time from those gorgeous pictures!

• Thimble & Cork May 12, 2013 at 11:12 am Reply

I hope you get to go! You’ll absolutely love it, and it would be really fun to trace your ancestry there. I know that’s a big draw for a lot of tourists. Thank you for the comment.

4. Katy May 12, 2013 at 1:27 am Reply

Looks like you had a great time! You’re photos are lovely. :)

• Thimble & Cork May 12, 2013 at 11:13 am Reply

Thank you :) We did have a wonderful time, but I certainly missed my bloggy friends!

5. CGCouture May 12, 2013 at 9:12 am Reply

I’m so INCREDIBLY JEALOUS!! This has been the place that I’ve wanted to visit since I was a little girl. Glad you had a great time, and you got some beautiful pictures! :-)

• Thimble & Cork May 12, 2013 at 11:15 am Reply

I hope you get to go soon! You’ll absolutely love it. It’s definitely one of those places that will live up to the hype and won’t disappoint. When you go, feel free to ask me anything you like about the details of our trip. I found it very helpful to talk to people who had visited Ireland before we went.

6. stephanie@mabelmakes May 18, 2013 at 5:57 pm Reply

So glad you had a nice time! When you live somewhere almost all your life, sometimes you forget how lovely the country is. The grass is always greener and all that. Thanks for reminding me how lucky I am to live in Ireland :)

• Thimble & Cork May 19, 2013 at 10:40 am Reply

I thought about you while we were there and how lucky you are to call Ireland home! I understand about taking things for granted…someone told me Houston, TX sounded exotic while we were there and I nearly spit out my Irish lager laughing :) hehe